Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh the Joys of Gardening!!!

I have been sooooo excited to start a garden this year. I even bought my own barn boots and everything! My parents' garden has lain dormant for quite some time and I have visions of fresh garden produce all summer and Indian summer long.... unfortunately Washington weather is just not cooperating! I think that perhaps May thinks for some reason that her name is March...'cause that's the weather we have been having!

Anywhooo....I am rambling...

I was all set to start planting today but I woke up to rain. MURF. I decided that I still wanted to plant, I would just plant the seeds as starts. So I took some old egg cartons of the cardboard kind and planted bush beans, snap peas, sunflowers and nasturtiums. My mom has always had a nasturtium border around her garden, so in keeping with tradition I wanted to do the same. Did you know that nasturtiums are not only beautiful, they are also edible? :)

I also have my Grammy's Topsy Turvy so I finally planted my 5 different types of tomato plants and my 4 different types of peppers, ranging from red bell to Thai knock-your-socks-off spicy. I'm pretty excited.

I'll post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo...peppers! We tried growing some a few years ago and came up lacking. I can't wait to hear how yours go. Maybe I'll have to sneak by and 'borrow' some?! My parent's have a HUGE garden and I can't wait to get over there this summer and take full advantage. Mmmmm...fresh corn!

    ReplyDelete