Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yummy Berry Sangria....and I mean YUMMMM. MMMMM. YYYYYY!!!


So I saw this recipe in a Weight Watchers cook book and it had two of my favorite things in it - red wine and berries. How could one go wrong? So I have had it on my "Must Make Soon" list and finally got around to making it this week. Let me tell you, people...it's so delicious even the stars were aligned the night I made it!

Okay, so maybe I exaggerate. But it's so yummy. So I thought I'd share...


1/2 bottle of red wine (or any wine you love...my mama thought it would taste really lovely with a white merlot...I didn't care, so I just used what we had on hand...I'm not a picky wino ya know?)
2 cups frozen berries (I got a huge bag of mixed berries from Costco, but you can use any kind of berry you love)

2 TBL honey

Mix all in a blender until smooth. Pour into a container and freeze. Scoop out and place in a fancy-schmancy dish or wine glass and garnish with a sprig of mint. YUMMMM. MMMMM. YYYYY!!!!

1 Cup is 2 Weight Watcher points or 100 calories.


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Can't wait to try it on a sunny Friday afternoon (well, after work). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete