Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mama's Mama's Day Scones




I had to celebrate Mama's Day early because I'm heading over to Spokane to play with my sweet little rascals, but I thought I'd post this in case any of you wanted to try it.

I have to say, they were soooo delicious, but I haven't added up any of the points or calories yet. This may not have been THE healthiest recipe, but I did do some substitutions to make it healthier... (and counter-act the chocolate chips..heehee)

Mama's Day Chocolate Almond Scones

2 1/2 C Heart Healthy Bisquick
1/4 C brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 C FF yogurt
2 TBL butter, melted (I DID add this, but you could just add more yogurt instead)
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/4 C almonds (optional)

**about another 1/2 C of bisquick or flour for the cutting board**

Combine Bisquick and sugar (and almonds if desired). Mix in the egg, yogurt and butter JUST until it clings together. Plop on the floured cutting board and knead the dough about 8-10 times. The original recipe said to form into a 6 inch round ball and divide into 10 pieces (the verdict is still out on that one....) but I rolled it out a little bit smaller and made heart shaped scones by using a cookie cutter. I got more servings that way, and it reduced the calories in each serving. :) Sprinkle almonds and a little bit of brown sugar on top of each scone.

Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425 until golden. Serves 12 scones.

YUMMMYYY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment