Friday, January 27, 2012

Through the Air

I pick up the phone
And dial your number
Waiting for your gruff hello
With sounds of baseball or
Wheel of Fortune
drifting through the air

I tell you news. It's Sunday.
My day
to tell you what my cat just did
Or what a silly class I have.
Or that I am thinking of moving to Bangkok and what do you think of that?
Or that I just bought my very own car. Or that soon I will be a mom. a foster mom.
And that I'm going to Ireland soon. And....

He tells me stories. Stories about
what he did at the community center
and how he won 2 chickens and
a turkey at pinochle. And that he had
to go to the doctor for this or that.
And he's chopping. Onions.

But I hear a dial tone.
No gruff hello.
Or Phillies games.
Just the sound of my breathing
Drifting through the air.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Joel
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete