Thursday, January 12, 2012

No Excuses

So I love the Biggest Loser. I watch it religiously and this season the theme is No Excuses. I am taking that to heart and starting over. I just watched my 50 pound video again and I want to get back to that happy, healthy, excited-about-life place. I just have all these excuses in my head. I'm too tired.... My sneakers don't work.... (duh...they can't if you don't PUT THEM ON!)... I only have cheese in my refrigerator....it's raining....the gym is a whole 10 minutes away... Each and every silly little excuse that comes to me makes me feel a little better about not getting my ass off the couch and moving a little.

But then a part of me, a small tiny little part of me...the part of me that was happy, healthy and excited-about-life says... SO?!?!?!?

So you want to be too tired. Get up. You can rest in heaven.
So your sneakers don't work. LIAR. I know for a fact they work just fine when you are walking out the door for happy hour.
So you only have cheese? yeah. that's a good one.
So it's raining? You are a Washingtonian: born with webbed feet. Use them.
So it's 10 minutes away. That's 10 minutes that you will not be tempted with the cheese in your refrigerator. Get up!

And I know I will. I have to. I need to remind myself of where I am going and that I am taking it a day at a time. No more excuses.

So here's to a 2012 of no excuses and a fresh start. What's YOUR excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment