Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wild Berry Crumble

Sunday January 3, 2010

I got to hang out with some dear old friends from High School and our families this weekend. It was soooo fun to see Tami and Dennis and their two cuties, Ethan and Isabelle, as well as Annie and the Terry's. Great food, super-great company and fun times with Yahtzee for All...(Dennis, my mom is STILL upset about that!)

So I decided that I would make dessert. But I wanted to do it in a healthy but yummy way, as it was only day three I wanted to make it count!

So I hopped on the inter-web to see what I could find. I found a Berry Dessert from All-recipes.com that looked delicious but was loaded with butter and sugar....probably why it sounded delicious. But I didn't let it deter me. I thought I could create something JUST as yummy but without all that fat and sugar. This is what I came up with:

Wild Berry Crumble

The Berry Part:
6 Cups mixed berries (a huge bag from Costco is AWESOME and has Marionberries, Raspberries and Blueberries-YUM!)
4 TBL flour
2 TBL cinnimon
zest of TWO lemons (IMHO you can't have TOO MUCH zest!)
1/2 C applesauce

The Crumble Part:
1 C oats
1/4 C flour
5 TBL brown sugar (1 TBL is 0 points!)
1/2 C applesauce

Toss the berry mixture together and put in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the crumble part on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until nice and bubbly. Serve with Natural Fat Free Frozen Yogurt...Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment